NYC (2017): Day 6


← Day 5

We started the day with a visit to the brilliant coffee shop, Porto Rico, that trades different kinds of coffee from all across the world. BTW, whether or not you're an otorhinolaryngologist (yes, that's a word), it might interest you that coffee aroma does have potential antioxidant or stress relaxation activities on the brain. [Rat brain, just for the record, but I empathize.]


Next, we headed over towards East Village ..


.. to get me inked. ^_^ Thanks to the folks at Whatever Tattoo, for making my first tattooing experience nice and fun!

       

Yes, I know it's difficult to make out, so it's a red poppy flower on my ankle.
No, it does not have any deep significance, I did not get it with reference to Memorial day or opium, I just find poppies pretty. 


Some more clicks from this area with its lovely art (the second picture below is edited):

  

And I couldn't help but appreciate the compelling advertising for Amsterdam Billiards:


Here's the lovely Grace Church that I wish I could have visited, and a cheeky sign right across the street! :D

  

The night ended with another delightful gossip session with my beautiful cousins and my Mom. So nice to have family in all parts of the world!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a monsoon?

हिमाचल की आपदा और नागरिकों से आग्रह

Albedo, and why you should care about it