NYC (2017): Day 4


Day 3

We started the next day by going through Washington Square Park once again. I sincerely wish we could have parks like this in India. Most parks back home are used either as Lovers' Points or are infested with stray dogs or are just closed to the public. Here, they are clean and green public places where one can do most things that we do indoors (reading, listening to music, working, talking, sleeping, playing with pets) except in the sunshine.


Next, we got onto Broadway Street and basically went berserk shopping. Something that hits me everytime I visit the States is the huge spectrum of products available that sort of brings out the worst, consumerist tendencies in me. I wonder if this happens with everyone, and if there is a trend towards greater materialism here. (This is me trying to not jump to conclusions!)


I took some breaks to come out and admire the architectural scenery, and my, was it gorgeous!


And of course, this trip wouldn't have been complete without one mistaken phone call to back home, completely forgetting that the Earth rotates around its own axis. So basically my Mom woke my Dad up with a very innocent "Office mein ho kya?" at 4 AM, IST. Thankfully, Indian men have a very generous vocabulary of grunts, with at least one for each occasion, so we didn't hear what he had to say. ^_^




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a monsoon?

हिमाचल की आपदा और नागरिकों से आग्रह

Albedo, and why you should care about it