NYC (2017): Day 2


Day 1

I begin with a beautiful morning view of the Empire State Building, and that's about it for the day because we were trapped inside due to the constant rain.


Found a laundry service close by ($1 @ 1lb of clothes!) because it's very, very difficult to do our own laundry in this apartment. Got mesmerized by the range of products at a CVS pharmacy, and realized that if a pharmacy can do this to us, we're probably doomed in the U.S. [No amount of reading about consumerist tendencies prevalent in the U.S. prepares you for the onslaught on your judgement when you see even a basic, fricking pharmacy arranged like a veritable supermarket. Rows and rows of products stretch into eternity, and scream, take me! And then you're reminded that you're desi and can't afford to splurge. ^^]

We did attempt to go to a store which wasn't exactly close, but decided to return from a couple of blocks away because it was raining too hard.


My sister and my Mom spent the afternoon in a frenzy of cooking, which they were more than happy to welcome my brother's friends with. I'm continually filled with a feeling of gratitude that we're all able to visit and see for ourselves what my brother's life is like, because it's difficult otherwise to share stuff about our lives and know what the other person is talking about (troubles of an ldr!).

By the way, have I shown you what a cute kitchen this apartment has!

 

Swati and Shubha (sisters living in NYC right now) visited us in the evening! [If you keep wondering where my afternoons go, they're lost in India-time-slumbers.] We tried having a girls'-night-out but unfortunately they're very strict about the age limit in clubs, and not all of us were carrying IDs. We made up for it by having delicious pizzas and cookies. Another attempt already planned for really soon. :)


I was surprised when Shubha said, You could never do something this late in Chicago coz it's not safe enough. Brought back several memories about back home, I guess. We're all getting there, hopefully.

I end with this picture of my partner in most of my crimes, who I also think is one very beautiful woman:


Ain't she a <3 breaker? ^_^


Hopefully, tomorrow is going to be more eventful.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is a monsoon?

हिमाचल की आपदा और नागरिकों से आग्रह

Albedo, and why you should care about it